Blog :EasY CooK
Date: 9/5/2012 2:38:00 AM
My two year old loves shopping fruits...He runs around and picks/grabs things that he sees..He puts them in a cover and drops it in the cart..So we would be running behind him to see that he doesn't run into other carts or bring any damage to his dads pocket by damaging stuffs around..:)
In this whole process I get a little chance to see to things thats in the cart..To check for its freshness and ripeness.Though I do it, it never goes to the ultimate check ending up with some over ripe fruits at home.
As for plum..we enjoy it when its firm and not over ripe..But last time we ended up with many over ripe fruits that had to be used in some way...
Thus this drink was made..
Loved the color and taste of it..
Method of preparation:
1. Wash, pit and chop the plum to small pieces with skin on.
2. Boil the water and sugar and when sugar disolves add the plum and cook for 5 to 8 mins.
3. Slightly mash the plum pieces to extract juice from it.
4. Turn of the heat and sieve the mixture using a fine mesh.Strain such that there is no flesh in the strained juice.
5. Add about a cup of chilled water to the drink.Serve chilled.
1. Plum skin add the sourness to this juice.If you need more tangy taste to the drink add a spoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
2. Add sugar according to taste.