31 Aug is a Montessori day!
Date: 8/31/2012 6:43:00 AM
Appropriate that I think about it today - 31 August - which is Maria Montessori birthday. In case you didn’t know, there is a whole system, philosophy of education which is named after her - Montessori schools. In truth, I’m starting my schooling in the Blogging. After almost 3 years, you could say that I’ve graduated out of Kindergarten. Anyway here is the Montessori Google Doodle. (BTW wasn’t there a Kindergarten doodle too? Can’t find it.)
BTP, after (finally) achieving a target of 100,000 Total Page Views - it is time to sit down and think out what exactly I’m trying to achieve with this blog.
From Adwords this blog hasn’t made even $10. On top, Google (India) persistently refuses to approve my Adword account, even though monkeyshine nutworks by Google (worldwide) has a Page Rank of ‘2’. I think the Adword evaluator in Google India has something against me. You know what is even worse? I think, suspect, that though ‘a’ (the?) lynchpin of Google India knows me personally and admires me (that’s a bit of surprise !!??!!) - but does not know, realise, recognize me under the nom-de-plume.
If, probably, likely that proves to be true, it would be the greatest feather to pin on my ‘10/6-in-this-style’ hat. I mean to be actually admired in person by one (possibly 3) of the people in the Google (India) Adwords team and having the my own Adwords account (under the nom-de-plume) rejected over the last couple of years, by the same persons, is quite an achievement. Wouldn’t you agree?
I know pride comes before the fall, and boasting is obnoxious, but how many of the people (whether reading or not reading this blog) in the world can pull it off? Something like ‘separation of powers’.
On a serious note, I’ve almost touched all the targets I set myself, when I started this blog -
- Achieve 100,000 total readers (or readings),
- Make sure that a search for mad.madrasi would turn out only me/my blog,
- Make sure that a search for Monekyshine Nutworks would turn out a rich search,
- Make people think - w.r.t. politics, science and technology - in different ways (or at least show them how to think otherwise),
- Prove that a blog which is not a ‘niche’ blog, but which touches all subjects, can also grab as good a Page Rank as the dedicated, subject or even a single-point(issue) specific blog.
There are also some goals which I’ve not been able even come close -
- Make a decent living out of it,
- Have the blog being talked about in public space (media, etc.),
- and some others even further, like -
- Become a Millionaire,
- Achieve PR 9,
- Sit on the boards of at least 20 Indian Companies and 5 US/European companies.
Whatever, today I take time off (& have told the other author also to desist) to sit back and think about where this blog has to move further! Or should it actually move at all? But if it has to sail forth, should it become a niche blog or else continue as a Jack-of-all-arts?
As is my wont, it requires hours of deep thinking before I decide on the right, correct course of action.
So, I apologise for boring you (only if you’ve kept up with me till now), but I’m taking the day off - exclusively to think about where this blog goes on, from here.