Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Summer begins late in Texas and refuses to leave, even when fall begins. I can feel fall with all my senses. I can hear the eerie silence, the sun in setting early, Schools are set to reopen and I also see the leaves change colors. However, the temperatures are still in the 90's. This rich dessert can be made ahead of time and served as a part of a very fancy dinner party to a bunch of family and friends. It is a smooth and creamy dessert and is very flavorful. I had made this souffle on the first day of Ramadan and everyone in the family enjoyed it after 16 hours of fasting.
Ripe Mangoes-4 (Peeled and cut into small cubes)
Mango jelly-1 pack (made from instant mix)
Heavy cream-as needed (whipped)Directions:
1. Cook and cool to set the mango jelly as per the instructions on the box.
2. Blend together 3/4 of the mango cubes, 1/2 cup of cream, sugar and the mango jelly into a fine puree.
3.Put a tablespoon full of the mango cubes into dessert bowls or serving cups.
4. Pour desired amount of the mango mixture on top of the mango cubes.
5. Place a dollop of whipped cream on top of the mango puree.
6. Finally garnish with cubed mangoes and chill for an hour before serving.