Blog :EasY CooK
Date: 8/20/2012 2:15:00 AM
Salad has become a kind of regular stuff here these days...YYYY...Just to make sure that I eat all other stuffs(read as yummy stuffs that are buddies with waist line..) Less.. Now dont ask me if its working...;)
So here is a simple salad...quick to make and delicious...Everyone in blogging world is familiar with Quinoa...For those who are not...I think this person will help you understand more than me...So here is the simple salad..
|Ya I made that rosemary chili flavored olive oil...|
Water to cook quinoa-1 cup.
Green Peas/Sweet peas-1/4 cup(cooked till soft)
Carrots-1 medium sized
Green chili-1 (de-seeded and sliced)
Onion-1/2 of big one
Cucumber-1/2 of medium
Lime juice-2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Olive oil-1/2 to 1 tsp(I used chili and rosemary flavored oil)
Pepper freshly crushed to taste.
Method of Preparation:
1. Cook quino with required water and pinch of salt for 15 min or until you see a thread like stuff from the quino. Then drain the remaining water and keep aside to cool. Or you can cook quino(the above given amount) with just 1 cup water till the water is completely evaporated and quino is cooked.
2. Cook the sweet pea/green peas with required water and pinch of salt till soft and set aside to cool.
3. Cut all the veggies to small pieces and keep aside.
4. Mix all the above stuffs together in a large bowl and sprinkle salt and pepper powder.Drizzle the lemon juice, olive oil and mix well.Adjust salt, lemon juice,pepper as required. Serve
1. While cooking quino you can add a few drops of olive oil to it.
2. Adding salt while cooking quino keeps it fluffy.
3. You can drizzle plain olive oil along with lemon juice in the dressing or you can just leave it altogether.
4. I have added a pinch of salt while cooking peas and quino so add salt at the end accordingly.
|How my son helps me to photograph...oh he just woke up from sleep..He thought that when I was looking through camera eye piece I dint see him putting hand into the seed...and he was enjoying doing that..|