Let's talk. Quickly.
I spent 4 hours in 21 KM long traffic jam in New Delhi, missed my flight, got upgraded, went to Mumbai, spent Rakhi with my sister and parents in Mumbai, washing sand off Juhu beach eating corns and golas in Mumbai drizzles. I came back to Delhi, and did everything fun on this planet. Of course I'm going to pass on all the good parts, ,most of them're little unfit for this blog. I lost in poker which is a second. I drove back to hometown with a friend while he was getting stoned, my first inter-state drive.
Now after 10 days of touring, I'm back home, only with a plan of spending my b'day in Goa.
On that note, my b'day is around the corner. I've had enough now. This time I WANT gifts. Let me repeat for extra emphasis - WE WANTS OUR GIFTS. Year after year, my parents would ask me - What do you want son?
Every time I said - "I've everything, I don't need nu'thin." it was supposed to mean that - I don't know, get me something cool
. They took it little too literally. My friends, quiet conveniently, are not into exchange of gifts. Bah! I've never had a girl friend this time of the year and so that also goes void. Last gift I got was in previous year when Vidhi gave me a tshirt. Before that, I think it was class ninth when my school friends pooled to get me a trimmer. It's been that long. MEZ NEEDZ GIFTZ.
Here are some things that you could get me:
- T-shirts are good any day, specially the ones with a witty slogan or an artist's portrait
- A pair of sneakers
- A jail broken PS2 (It's not that unreasonable, after all I'm not asking for PS3)
- Pair of swimming goggles.
- A tablet. How 'bout Kindle?
- Appointment with a skilled tattoo artist in Delhi
- Books! Here is my Flipkart wishlist.
- New funky wallet.
- Couple corner seats in PVR Director's cut for a late night show of some classical movie
- A hand written letter posted to my home.
- A photo album. If you don't have my personal pics you could fill the album with a post card collection. Or bikini models. I can adjust.
- Buy me a full body massage session
- I've always wanted a cool black waist coat to be worn with blue denims and white shirt.
- A mix tape. Whatever mood, whatever artist, whatever genre. I've never been given a mix tape.
- A blog post dedicated to me. Yes, I'm desperate this year.
Or you could choose to be creative and give me something completely different. Whatever you do, do wish me pretty please. I'd be so grateful to receive a phone call. If you can't do that, drop me an email. I prefer that to a post on my FB wall. I'm trying to make my last b'day in India a little special. What wrong is in that, tell me?
I had 22 tonnes of stuff to tell you but we got stuck on a sensitive chord of my b'day and so let's postpone the exciting stuff till little later. I'd be back soon, I promise.
PS : If you DO decide to gift me something, you can find my email/FB profile/Home address on Contact Me page :) :) :)