Zucchini Cookies with Chocolate Chips & Dried Cranberries
Blog :Preety's Kitchen
Date: 8/8/2012 9:16:00 PM
My garden is overflowing with zucchini so i decided to try as many different zucchini recipes as i can and i will be posting all those on my blog & i will assure you all these are too good and you may want to make each of them again and again:)
These cookies have wonderful combination of different flavors as oatmeal, cinnamon, chocolate chips, dried cranberries and zucchini. This recipe uses only four tablespoons of butter because the zucchini makes the cookies nice and moist.These cookies are best when eaten frozen
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Cook Time: 15 minutes
All purpose flour:- 1 ¼ cups
Baking soda:- 1 Tsp
Salt:- 1/2 Tsp
Cinnamon:- 3/4 Tsp
Unsalted butter, at room temperature:- 4 Tbsp
Light brown sugar:- 1/2 cup
Granulated sugar:- 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract:- 1 Tsp
Large egg:- 1
Shredded zucchini:- 1 cup
Old fashioned oats:- 2 cups
Semisweet chocolate chips:- 1 cup
Dried cranberries:- 3/4 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars, mix until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract. Next, add the shredded zucchini. Mix until combined.
4. Slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries.
5. Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper or Silcone baking mats. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.