Something crazy has happened. For the first time, three people have passed the same award to me, and it's so wonderful because it's literally the 'Favourite Blog' award. Ruhani, Priyanka and Akanksha, thank you so much for thinking I deserve this :)
German for 'favourite' - Liebster!
The downside is, though, there is now so much I have to do for this, and all that into 3. I have to write 11 facts about myself (so Imma now have to think of THIRTY THREE), I have to answer 11 questions (oh no, thirty three) and I'll have to frame 11 more questions for the people I pass this award onto. I have no qualms in all this, I just hope you guys don't get bored reading so much gibberish :3 (no one told me to write 3 times the amount I need to, I'm just in a really talkative mood right now)
OKAY, THIRTY THREE FACTS ABOUT ME.
1. I was born prematurely, and because I was so small my parents named me Kanika which means as small as an atom. Actually my mom named me that, my dad was vehement on calling me 'Amrusha'. No offence to anyone called that, but I'm glad my mother won that argument.
2. I actually prayed every night from the day my mom told me she was pregnant right up till she gave birth. I prayed for a sister, because I was 8 years old which is bang smack in the middle of my boys-are-so-stupid phase. I figured God existed, because I got what I asked for. And I got to name her :)
3. I've never got stitches, and I've never broken any part of my body. The most massive medical distress I was in was when I got jaundice as a seven year old, and then mild chickenpox in 12th standard.
4. I'm very good at remembering phone numbers, dates and random facts which makes me come off as really creepy on some occasions. :P
5. Every month for about 5 days, I VICIOUSLY wish I was a boy (certain days these are...when my womanhood is showing off in full bloody glory).
6. I'm terrible when it comes to keeping grudges. By that I mean it takes a lot for me to let it go, and if I do so without much persuasion then I probably really care about you.
7. The first time I ever stuck to a new year resolution was when I got my nose pierced. I know it's not a big thing, but man, it felt amazing the moment after it happened. (obviously I'm forgetting the stinging crazy pain from my nostril)
8. I truly love Coldplay's music. I'm not calling myself their biggest fan or anything (I probably don't even know as much about Chris Martin as some people around me do) but wow, their music is just so soothing and calming. Fuck the haters!
9. Ditto^ for John Mayer.
10. I really want to color my hair but I'm constantly worried I'll look like a fool. (Nilanjana, if you're reading this, you're amazingly awesome for getting it done, and woo, it looks great, we all know it <3 p="p">
11. My current courses all deal with content writing and editing - I've basically died and gone to writer heaven. I would love to be an editor, I think that job is made for me.
12. I do this extremely frustrating thing where I start a conversation on fb chat and lose the will to talk halfway into my second sentence. If I've done this to you, forgive me. I swing from friendly to aloof within seconds.
13. Not very random and pretty obvious really, but I love blogging :)
14. I've always wondered what having long hair would entail. The longest my hair has ever been is three inches down my shoulder. (I shouldn't really talk about my hair, it's a really heart wrenching topic)
15. I love hot baths. (I have a feeling I've mentioned this 23456785432 times before)
16. I LOVE MY MACBOOK IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
17. I'm a fourth year, the senior most batch in my college. I don't feel it at all. This happened to me during school too - when I was in sixth standard the seniors were these mature, smart people, ready to go out into the big bad world. I reached there myself and realised I was as immature and silly as I had always been. Being in my last year of college hasn't changed that.
18. My favourite book, song and color changes every goddamn day. (little hard to answer when someone asks, but today it's The Perks of Being A Wallflower/Into the Wild - LP/ turquoise)
19. I'm currently wearing my boyfriend's shirt to college. It looks really good on me. :D
20. I'm working on a new blog look right now. (by that I mean header). Suggestions are welcome. :)
21. I try very hard to keep everyone around me happy. In trying to do that I piss a lot of people off because it essentially means I can never decide on something. I'll be stressed whether I made the right choice for everyone.
22. ^As you can tell, I mostly never give a shit about myself. It works on some occasions and backfires on others.
23. I'm a notebook junkie. I collect notebooks but mostly leave them empty out of fear of ruining their pages.
24. I sniff books. Specially old ones my mother digs out from the recesses of her bookshelf with yellow dog-eared pages and tiny serif fonts. She recently lent me her copy of some John Grisham novel and I immediately dug my nose into it. (you'd think she'd be surprised but after 20 years of raising the idiot that I am, she was expressionless)
25. I want to lose weight. Anybody with tips, email me. Haha
26. I have forced my boyfriend to dance with me one really drunk night with friends. We played 'Glad You Came' and just jumped for the entire duration of the song. It was a crazy experience :D
27. I would like to achieve a perfect British accent.
28. I'm an amazing bathroom singer. Like, I have serious talent.
29. I'm an over-planner. I do not like to 'wing it' and if I am not completely sure about what the schedule is I will refuse to be a part of whatever it is, no matter how much I love it.
30. I remember song lyrics really easily, which leads people to think that I'm jobless.
31. I love triangles and geometric shapes, specially in illustrations and graphic design.
32. JUNK FOOD FTW
33. I had way more fun writing these than I expected :D
NOW! THIRTY THREE QUESTIONS I MUST ANSWER!
Akanksha's questions for me:
(1) If you were given one wish, what would that be?
I would love to be stuck in my last year of school.
(2) Which place do you wish to visit the most?
(3) If you somehow become the President, what would be the first thing that you'd do?
Take a nap on the giant insane bed I know I'll have/enable wi-fi at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
(4) Your favourite author?
Oh no...there are too many. JK Rowling, Eoin Colfer are my all-time favourite authors.
(5) How much does blogging mean to you?
I love blogging. I love the joy of putting my thoughts out somewhere in the virtual cosmos.
(6) Would you give away everything for something that you love doing?
Depends on how much I love it. Probs yes.
(7) What's the one thing that you would like to get from life?
(8) What would you do if you won a million dollars?
Spend some on nice clothes and food, give the rest to my parents.
(9) What's your life motto?
"When in doubt, eat a burger. When in greater doubt, take a nap." - Me
(10) How stupid and lame are the questions?
Haha they really aren't.
Ruhani's questions follow:
1. The CRAZIEST thing that you've ever done?
Sneaked a cigarette at home. So boring :|
2. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
3. If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Travel like a motherfucker.
4. If you could break one law, which one would that be?
Pretty sure I've broken some, I'm good. Thanks :P
5. What do you do, that you think, makes you different from everyone else?
Decide what I should do on the basis of others' opinions, so much that I forget it's about me.
6. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really think it makes the elevator move faster? :P
I'm the most impatient person I know. (that's a 'hell yes')
7. If you were standing on stage, unaware that hundreds of people were watching you, what would you have done?
Sing a duet from High School Musical (of course I would sing both parts)
8. Who do you think is the sexiest person alive? [Please avoid mentioning me. Obvious facts don't need to be reiterated. :P ]
Haha. George Clooney.
9. Who would you rather date. A worried genius or a joyous simpleton?
Worried genius, any day.
10. If you were stranded on an island, which three things would you like to have in your bag?
a book, a notebook, a pen.
11. What is your first impression of me/this blog? [Muhahahaha. oh how I love being the evil bitch, the mother of all conspiracies and controversies! :D ]
Ruhani you're wonderful :) all your posts are insightful and a delight to read.
Priyanka's questions! :)
1. If you won a billion dollars what are the first 3 things you'd do with it?
Already answered this. Buy some food, some clothes, rest is with the parents.
2. What do you think are your chances of being born as a milkman in your next life?
I was thinking more along the lines of insect, so I really hope my chances of being a milkman are higher!
3. One celebrity you'd love to date.
TOM FELTON, NO DISCUSSION
4. Which bands'/artists' concerts do you really want to attend? Name any 5.
Coldplay, Jason Mraz, Gold Panda, John Mayer, Justin Timberlake.
5. Flip flops or heels?
Flip flops all the time, heels when I decide to look decent.
6. A movie you could watch any number of times?
Mona Lisa Smile and Shawshank Redemption.
7. Who was your first follower?
My roommate :3
8. Describe a moment when you were really proud of yourself.
Prefect in school.
9. What is the one thing you'd do, if you knew you'd be successful at it?
Cook for a living.
10. The best compliment you've ever received?
"The guy who gets to be with you will be the luckiest guy in the world." - breakup conversation
11. By which year do you think we'll finally establish contact with aliens?
Never really. If they haven't contacted us yet they're probably really smart because they're staying away from us.
You know, this was exhausting. Fellow bloggers I award now, just pick and choose your favourite 11 questions from the plethora above and answer them any way you like :)
Now when it comes to awarding people, I want to award all three ladies who awarded me because I love their blogs.
you guys are so amazing :) you don't need to go through this whole process again but. :P BE HAPPY WITH THE AWARDZ YOU ALL ARE GETTING LIKE MONAY.
Other people I want to award are -
I do, I do
I'm going to go and pass this on, now :)
If you read all the way down here, thank you for sticking with the bullshit. I love you.