Blog :Sketches: My Days and clicks.
Date: 7/25/2012 1:17:00 PM
would u like to meet me @ face book???Here I am http://www.facebook.com/deepapraveens
Chicken chilly mappas.
Serves - 3/4.
1. Chicken - 1/2 k.g
2. Red chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon
3.Turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
Marinate this for 1/2 an hour.
Onion - one large (sliced)
Tomato - one
Potato - one small (chopped)
Green chilly - 1
Vinegar - 1/2 tbsp
Coconut milk - Medium - 2 cup, thick one cup
Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp
Chili powder - 1/2 tbsp
Ginger chopped - 1 tbsp
Garlic chopped - 1 tbsp
Fennel - 1/4 tbsp
Cinnamon - 1 small stick
Garam masala - 1 tablespoon (keep another 1/2 tbsp separate)
Bay-leaf - one
Curry leaves- few
1.Cook the marinated chicken and potato in medium coconut milk.
2. In another pan heat oil and add mustard seed, when this splatter, add curry leaves and fry.
3. Add ginger,fennel, bay-leaf cinnamon and garlic to this mixture and fry for anther few minutes.
4. Add onion to this mixture and cook this in medium heat for another 5- 8 minutes.
5.Add powders to this mix and fry for another 2,3 minutes.
6. Add tomatoes, when tomato became tender add the cooked chicken.
7. Once the curry starts boiling add the thick coconut milk and cook for further few minutes.
8. Check the curry, if necessary add vinegar and 1/2 tbsp garam masala, depends on your taste level.
Turn the heat off and serve warm