This is our family secret recipe. one of my favorites recipes...paya soup tops my list of comfort food...best for sunday brunch quite a heavy meal would not suggest to prepare them often we normally prepare this soup once in 6 months...tastes best with string hopper, dosa or idlly...:)
1 1/2 Dozen Lamb Trotters/Paya
5-6 Tbsp Shredded Dry Coconut
1 1/2 Large Onion
10-15 Dried Red Chilies1 Tbsp Black Pepper corns1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder1 Tsp Fennel Seeds5 Cloves4 Cardamom Pods3 Inch Stick Cinnamon1 Tbsp Coriander Powder2 1/2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste1/2 Lime 4 Tbsp OilSalt to taste
Do view my video demo in english...:)
Please click here
to read more how to clean lamb trotters.
- I've used 7.5 liter pressure cooker to cook the paya. normally i cook the paya ahead of time once then add masala and cook it again this way the paya is cooked to perfection.
- Once the paya is added to the pressure cooker add water till the paya is covered add turmeric powder and cover place the whistle and allow the paya to cook for 5 to 6 whistles.
- Heat a wok on medium flame add oil fry all the spices allow to splutter.
- Add the red chillies and fry a bit.
- Add onion, coconut, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste and fry till onion is transparent.
Once the paya has cooked till tender add lime juice serve right away with dosa or idlly enjoy...Happy cooking
- Add the fried masala to a mixer jar add 1/4 Cup water and grind to smooth paste.
- Add the masala to the paya stir well add salt and stir well.
- Place the paya back on the stove on high flame place cover and whistle and allow to cook for further 5 whistles.