Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
It's that time of the year ( Ramadan)when I have to take a break from blogging in order block distractions that come in my way of worship!
I wish all of you a Happy and successful Ramadan pray to Allah that He forgives our past sins and enables to remain steadfast in all our actions for the rest of our lives.
Will see you back in after Eid in August insha Allah.
Before I leave, I would like to share with you the recipe of Pita Bread I have adapted from one Blog that I really love, www.vegrecipesofindia.com . I have used all purpose flour and hence the white pitas:) I will however make them with whole wheat flour once I am back. The result was one melt-in-the mouth, pillowy-soft, pockety bread. Ingredients :
All purpose flour-3 cups
Active dry yeast-1/2 tbs
Sugar- a generous pinch
Olive oil-1 1/2 tbs
1. In 1/2 cup of warm water, add the sugar and yeast and stir well. Set aside for 10 minutes until it turns frothy.
2. Add the olive oil, salt to the flour and mix well until the mixture turns crumbly.
3. Pour the proofed yeast mixture into the and mix well, and add the remaining warm water and knead a dough that is soft and when you push it with your finger, springs back.
4. Apply oil all over the dough and place it in a greased bowl and leave it to rise for an hout.
5. When the dough doubles in size, punch it down and make small portions of dough and roll them into circular discs on a floured surface , and keep the discs covered with a damp cloth for another 10 minutes
6. Preheat the oven to 400 deg F and place the rolled bread onto a baking sheet and bake until the bread puffs up. Flip it one time and bake on the other side for a few seconds and remove from the oven into a bread basket and keep covered until it is time to serve.