I prepared a batch of prawn 65 for my cousin when she visited me during summer vacation she liked them so much i posted a pic on facebook next day all my close friends who know me there were asking me for the recipe...had to post the recipe right away...:)
750 grams Prawns
1 1/2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2 1/2 Tbsp Red Chilly Powder
4-5 Tbsp Corn Starch
1/2 Tsp Garam masala, Corander powder and Turmeric Powder
Salt to taste
Oil for frying.
After deveining the prawns make sure to wash them in salt and turmeric water to remove any funny smell.
Do watch the recipe Video in detail ...)
- Heat a heavy bottom pot or wok add the prawns, ginger and garlic paste, 1 1/2 tbsp chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt mix well add 1/4 cup water and allow the prawns to cook and moisture to dry out on a high flame.
- We dont want the prawns to cook all the way thru.
- Once the moisture has evaporated remove from flame allow to cool.
- Add cornstarch and remaining chilly powder salt if needed and mix all the ingredients make sure the prawns is coated with the masala mixture.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium flame drop the masala coated prawns one by one in the hot oil and fry till nice and crispy the frying time will be 3 to 4 minutes on each side once fried drain the oil on a paper towel and serve with lime wedges and onion rings serve hot...enjoy...happy cooking...:)