Pav Bhaji is a popular street food or fast food of Mumbai. Pav means bread and bhaji means a vegetable dish.
In this dish, a mixture of various vegetables are boiled, mashed and cooked in a tomato-based gravy served with Pav or bread that is pan-fried with butter. This is truly an easy-to-prepare meal and also very filling, when you have to provide a nice hot meal in a hurry and one that tickles your taste bud. When I am lazy to cook an entire meal for my family, pav bhaji in one of the first few dishes which comes to my mind. T
his is also my daughters one of the favorite food which she demands almost everyday. This time I prepared this in Microwave. Here is how to make this in microwave :
Ingredients :Potatoes : 3 Peas : 1/2 cupCarrot : 2 (peeled and chopped)Cauliflower : 1 cup(chopped)Capsicum : 1/2 cup(chopped)Onions : 2(chopped finely)Ginger-garlic paste : 11/2 tsp.Pav bhaji masala : 2 tblsp.(available on all Indian store)Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp.Chilli powder : a pinch Tomato puree : 1/2 cupOil : 2 tblsp. , Butter : 1 tblsp. Salt to tasteLemon juice : 1 tblsp. Fresh Coriander : 1/3 cup(finely chopped)
Serving : Take soft buns, cut in the middle, pan-fry them on both sides with butter. Serve this pav bhaji in the middle of two slices of buns. Serve hot.
- In a microwave safe bowl, take enough water to boil the potatoes. Cook on high for 7-8 minutes or until potatoes are thoroughly cooked. Peel and mash them coarsely.
- Same way, take all the other vegetables in a bowl, add 1/2 cup water and microwave for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are nearly done. Remove and mash them also coarsely.
- In another micro-safe bowl, put oil, onions, ginger-garlic paste, pav bhaji masala, turmeric and chilli powder. Mix well and microwave for 5 minutes in Medium.
- Add tomato puree, roughly mashes vegetables, potatoes, butter and salt. Add 1 cup water. Cover and microwave for 5-6 minutes on high. Stir and mash once in between.
- Remove, add lemon juice and mix well. Decorate with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
Sending this easy-to-prepare snack toMy ongoing event, Spotlight : Curries/gravies, co-hosted by Cuisine DelightsSrivalli's MEC : Simple and easy alltime snack, hosted this month by Smitha's Spicy Flavours Srivalli's Kids' delights : Evening snacks/tiffin, hosted by Cooks' Joy