Everyone has their own twist to nandu masala 2 of my very close friends pradeep from Australia who is originally from pollachi and shilaja sukumar from Dubai who is from madurai sent me their traditional recipes i combined both the recipes and this is my take on the authentic recipe nandu masala at its best...served with dosa, idlly or roti...:)
- 1/2 Kilo Crab (cleaned)
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 1 Large Tomato chopped
- 2 Sprigs Curry leafs
- 1 Tbsp Chilly powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Garam masala
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 Lime
- Coriander to garnish
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp Oil
Special Spice Mix:
Dry roast all the above coarsely grind the spices.
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek
- 2 Tbsp Pepper powder
- 1/4 Cup Coconut
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 Tsp Khus Khus
Heat a fry pan with a tbsp oil fry the coconut fennel and poppy seeds to light golden colour add little water grind to a smooth paste.
Please look into the recipe demo and follow the steps as shown on the video and blog...happy cooking...:)
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok add the ginger and garlic paste fry a bit till raw flavour has gone.
- Add the onion and curry leafs fry the onion till light pink in colour add the tomatoes and fry till tomato reduces a bit.
- Add the chilly powder, turmeric and coriander and fry a bit.
- Add the crabs and toss the masala over the crabs place a cover for 2 minutes.
- Add the special spice powder and toss the crab a bit add water and salt place a cover allow the crab to cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the crab has cooked for 5 minutes add the coconut paste and little bit extra water stir and combine the masala cover and allow the coconut flavour to reduce a bit.
- Once the coconut flavour has reduce a bit add lime juice and garnish with fresh coriander serve hot with rice or roti...Enjoy...:)