Ayesha Wadiwala(right) with Shah Rukh Khan
Bollywood MakeUp Artist Ayesha Wadiwala shares with us a few essential tips to get that perfect flawless makeup. Read on!
1. Cleanse your face well and use a toner if you have enlarged pores or oily skin.
2. Apply a moisturiser with an SPF for day makeup and a primer for an evening look.
3. Use an eye cream around your eye area. This will help the foundation glide easily and stay longer.
4. Choose a foundation colour that exactly matches your skin colour. The best way to select a foundation colour is to try it near your jaw line. Apply a dot and blend in, if the colour disappears in your skin without looking patchy, it is the right colour for you. If you have an oily skin, choose a mineral-based or water-based foundation. For those with dry skin, use an oil or cream-based foundation.
5. Apply the foundation using a foundation brush, taking small strokes. Use a very little amount and blend in your skin. Use more only if you need to conceal more. The idea is to make your skin look flawless, not patchy.
6. Use concealer only where needed, like on your under-eye circles and blemishes. Apply the concealer using a concealer brush, then use your ring finger and blend using tapping motion.
7. Use the concealer only where required and blend it well into your foundation to give that flawless look. When buying your concealer, try it on the area you wish to conceal and see whether it works well (many people use a concealer before the foundation, but in my opinion, this technique works better and gives better coverage.)
8. Use a translucent powder and apply it with a powder brush in circular motions. This will help your foundation and concealer stay longer. Dust off any excess powder.
9. Use a dark-brown eyeshadow and fill in your brows with an angular brush using small strokes in the direction of hair growth.
10.Choose an eyeshadow palette having light, medium and dark colour. These palettes are available in different colour schemes in various makeup brands. Apply the light eyeshadow under your eyebrows to highlight your brow bone. Then apply the medium colour on your eyelids and the dark colour on the crease line using an eyeshadow brush.
11.Line your upper lid using a liquid liner just above the lash line as close to the lashes as possible. If you have short lashes use a lengthening mascara and if you have scanty lashes, use a volumising mascara.
12.Choose a blusher according to your skin tone. Pinks and peaches look good on fair skin. Mauves and corals look good on dusky skin. Smile to find the apples of your cheek. If you have a round face, apply blush below the apples of your cheek. If you have a long face, apply it on the apples to give a healthy glow. Use a blush brush and apply it in circular tones.
13.Now take a lip liner that's very close to your lip colour if you desire a natural look. Line your lips with this liner and blend in to create a base for your lipstick.
14.Now apply a lipstick similar to your natural lip colour. Use a lip brush and blend this lipstick well with your lipliner. You can also choose a darker colour that suits your skin tone for evening wear. Finally top it up with a gloss to give you a pout!
*Above tips courtesy Ayesha Wadiwala. You can visit her page by clicking here