Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Today, I was reunited with one of my closest friends after two and half years, Alhamdulillah! Amidst all those tears of happiness and catching up we did, I had very little time to cook food. I did not grab a bite from outside but, instead, decided to make Yakhni Pulao. It is a very flavorful and aromatic rice cooked in meat stock, with succulent and tender pieces of lamb meat. The best part of making this is, it is very easy to make. Oh yes, this recipe is adapted from www.desicookbook.com, and it is my favorite website because, it is associated with a lot of my memories of my initial days in my own kitchen:)Ingredients:
Lamb meat-1 lb( fat trimmed and washed)
Rice-3 cups(soaked for 1/2 an hour)
Onions-1 large( fried until golden brown)
Ginger-garlic paste-2 tbs
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Fennel seeds-2 tspsDirections:
1. Pressure cook the lamb meat with all the water salt, spices and ginger garlic paste and when done, turn off the stove and set aside to cool.
2. Remove all the pieces of meat with a slotted spoon and set aside and drain the stock with a strainer and discard the spices.
3. Heat oil in a pot and fry the lamb meat until the pieces start to brown.
4. Pour the strained stock into the pot along with the soaked rice.
5. Cook on high flame until all the water gets absorbed.
6. Reduce the flame to a medium and secure the mouth of the pot with an aluminum foil and cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and cook for 7-8 minutes.
7. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with fried onions and serve hot.