Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Yes, you read it right, pineapple chutney! I am very lazy when it comes to peeling and cutting a pineapple. After all the hard work I go through, i want to make sure everyone eats it. When I figured folks in my home didn't care much for it, I decided to follow my instinct and make this fabulous chutney. The result was flavorful, a little sweet, a little tart, and a little spicy goodness. Don't even hesitate to try it next time coz the result is worth it. Ingredients:
Pineapple-2 cups, cubed
Salt- to taste
Red pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Dry red chillies-1, broken
1. Blend the pineapple cubes to make a smooth puree.
2. Heat oil, add the red chillies and fry until they change color and remove and set aside.
3. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them sizzle and pop, and remove half of them and set them aside with the fried chillies.
4. Add the asafoetida to the oil and wait for few seconds and pour in the pineapple puree carefully along with the salt, pepper powder, and turmeric powder.
5. Cook for five minutes and use a splatter shield as the puree will splatter everywhere.
6. Turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl and add the remaining tempering on the top.