Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Tell me about that feeling when you wished you were served breakfast, lunch or dinner even without having to think..., let alone deciding, planning and starting to actually cook? And, dont even get me started on washing
the dishes after cooking and washing
the dishes one more time after serving. I was wishing for such a thing today after doing all the pre-planning and I refused to cook. Those are actually the days when help cannot come to me from anywhere, and I would end up cooking and doing things all by myself. On such days, I simplify it for myself and cook a one pot meal and get done with it asap:) This is what I cooked with marinated cornish hen
Cornish hen-2, cut up
Red pepper powder-to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tbs
Garam masala-1 tsp
Tomatoes-3, cut into small pieces
Onions-2 medium, thinly sliced
Rice-3 cups, soaked at least for half hour
Fresh mint-1 tbs
Fresh cilantro-a tbs
Green peppers-2, slitDirections:
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pot and fry onions until they turn golden brown.
2. Put in ginger-garlic paste and saute for a brief minute.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes turn pulpy.
4. Put the chicken in and cook until it gets cooked and leaves a thick gravy with oil floating on top.
5. Paralelly, bring water to a boil and add the rice and cook until the rice is aldente.
6. At this point, drain the water from the rice using a colander.
7. In a wide mouthed pot, put half the amount of rice followed by the chicken with the gravy.
8.Spread the green peppers, mint and cilantro ove the chicken.
9. Top it off with the remaining rice and cook over medium heat with a tight-fitting lid for 10-12 minutes until you see the steam escape through the lid.
10. Turn off the stove and garnish with some fried onions.