Indochinese (fusion) Gobi Paneer Schezwan
Serves: 3 - 4 Adults
Serve with steamed rice, noodles.or fried ricePreparation time: Approx 20-25 minutesIngredients:
- 2 medium (or 1 large) capsicums, cubed
- 3 medium onions, sliced / cubed
- 2 spring onions for garnishing, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, broken into small / medium pieces
- 100 grams paneer, cubed
- Gram flour/besan.
- Prepare the Gobi - Paneer Crispies
- Prepare thick gram flour (besan) paste by adding some water and a hint of salt and mixing it together by hand.
- Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a tava. Shallow fry the cauliflower florets till they start changing color and giving out a cooked aroma. This should take approx 2 mins. Keep aside once done.
- Fry the paneer cubes in about 1 tbsp oil till the edges are crispy. Keep aside once done. Should take about 2 minutes.
- Coat the fried paneer and fried cauliflower with the besan paste. Shallow fry in (a reasonable amount of) oil, till the ingredients acquire a somewhat crisy texture. Should take 4-5 minutes.
- Stir fry the onions and capsicum in about 1 tbsp oil, for about 2 minutes.
- Add about 3 glasses of water, chilli powder, schezwan sauce and a dash of soy sauce and bring to a boil. [Should take around 5 minutes]
- Add the gopi and paneer crispies and stir everything together and allow to cook together for a few minutes so that the sauce blends well. Add salt to taste. This should take around another 3-4 minutes
- Once the dish is almost done, add the chopped spring onions. After about a minute, turn off the heat.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes, and serve with rice/ noodles.