English is a funny language – 1
Bikramjit Singh Mann
Blog :Me and My Random Thoughts
Date: 6/15/2012 2:08:47 PM
I was reading an article at The CYBER NAg about how some english phrases make a perfect sense – to indians.. When I happened to remember I had a few of those collected where english behaves like a funny language .. here are few of those
English is a crazy language, same words have different Pronunciations and meanings here are a few
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce .
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present .
8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.
Have a great weekend .. Have you got any funnies like these
Filed under: Bikramism, Feeling Funny, Humour, joke, Laugh it off, Thoughts Tagged: crazy language, Dove, dove dove, english phrases, Funnies, funny language, Laughter, object, Polish, present, Refuse, Smile, wound