Quick and Easy Banana bread
Blog :Preety's Kitchen
Date: 5/31/2012 5:43:00 AM
I already have quite a few recipes of Banana bread on my blog and i love all of them but still i always get excited to find any new recipe :). I knew i am going to try this one the moment i saw the Whole wheat flour in the ingredients list and i am really glad that i did..It was just perfect..
Butter, at room temp:- 8 Tbsp (1 stick)
Sugar:- 3/4 cup
All purpose flour:- 1 Cup
Whole wheat flour:- 1 Cup
Baking soda:- 1 Tsp
Salt:- 1/2 Tsp
3 Large bananas (mashed)
Vanilla:- 1 Tsp
Pecans or Walnuts, coarsely chopped -(optional):- 1 /2 Cup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (grease bread pan)
2. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift all purpose flour, baking soda & salt together, stir in whole wheat flour & add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
4. Fold in bananas, vanilla and nuts.
5. Pour mixture into pan, bake 50-60 min. or til cake tester comes out clean – cool in pan 10 min., then in rack.
Makes one loaf.