adhai paneer, one of the popular dish of paneer from the state of punjab, India, where Paneer or Indian cottage cheese and bell peppers are the main ingredients, which is flavoured with kasuri methi(dried fenugreek leaves), ginger-garlic and a blend of light Indian spices makes it a mouth-watering dish. It can be a perfect accompaniment to any kind of Indian bread or rice, which will make you satisfied at the end of your meal.Ingredients :
Paneer : 1 and 1/2 cup (cut in 1" cube like pieces)
Green Capsicum/bell pepper : 1 (deseed and cut into big chunks)
Onion : 1(medium-cut into big chunks)
Ginger-garlic paste : 1 tblsp.
Green Chilli : 1 (chopped)
Tomato : 2(medium)
Turmeric powder : 2 tsp.
Coriander powder : 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder : 1 tsp. or to taste
Kasuri Methi : 1 tsp.
Sugar : 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Oil : 3-4 tblsp.
Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing Method :
- Heat 2 tblsp. Oil in a pan, shallow fry the paneer cubes until light brown on both sides. Take out from the pan and drop them in a bowl of hot water for 10-15 minutes. This will keep them soft.
- In the same pan, heat rest of the oil, add sliced onions and a pinch of sugar and saute till onions turn transculent. Add green chillies and ginger-garlic paste, saute again 2 more minutes in low flame.
- Then add powdered spices and chopped tomatoes. Mix well with onion-ginger-garlic paste. Fry till tomatoes turn soft and masalas are well-cooked. Add bell peppers and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes. Mix well everything. you can add little water(1/2 a cup). Add salt to taste. Cover the lid and simmer for 7-8 minutes until peppers are just cooked and paneer cubes softens. Note: it's a dry gravy dish. Lastly, before you take out, add dried kasuri methi, give a good stir and remove from fire.
- Serve garnishing with fresh coriander leaves. Enjoy with hot chapati, paratha or any Indian flat bread.
Sending this to Cooking with Love - Dad,
as this is one of his favorite dish @ Simply. food
, event stated by Sara's Corner