Many people crib how they were never allowed to decide on their own. Even for issues which concerned them.
The mega hit movie Bommarillu [link]
starts on this note – Siddarth goes on and on about how his dad intrudes in every other trivial things in his life and over the entire movie he goes on to explain how his dad is a PITA*.
But I have a different opinion. Life was much easier when I had my parents/others decide things for me. I could just sit back and relax while they blowed their brains out in trying to ‘figure
’ out the best possible option. For me, of course ;-)
If it failed, I always had an excuse. It was ‘them
’ who chose the option and not me. Yeah! Easy to play the blame game. Isn’t it? J
I can hear people yell, “Don’t be such a wuss. Grow up man. You are 26 and you can’t expect people to decide things for you
Ok! Those who yelled, let me ask you this question. You go to a mall. You pick out a clothing of your choice. What’s the first thing you do after that?
You take that your friends who accompanied to get their opinion. For better or worse, you feel that your friends might decide better for you than doing it yourself right?
Ok, the first thing I do is check the price tag ;-) #sly know
There are others who crib about the lack of options when the question of decision making comes into picture.
The actual answer to the age old question “Why did the fuckin chicken cross the road?
It did so because, it had no other option.
Now, now, my problem is the “Problem of Plenty
Honest. I am not exaggerating things. At times, plenty of options can surely be a problem. More than the confusion it creates, it lowers the rate of success.
More the options lower the probability of getting it right. With two options, you stand a 50% chance of getting it right. Increase it by 1 and the rate of success lowers to 30%. A substantial 20% drop. Simple maths no.
Precisely my predicament right now. L
Its like throwing both the ends of a rope to a man who is battling his way to the shore. :)
*PITA - Pain In The Ass.