1. Left over rice / Basmati rice cooked - 1 cup.
(If you are making this out of fresh cooked rice keep it refrigerated for couple of hours)
2. Small onion - 5
Chopped fresh ginger - 1/2 tbsp
Green chilli - 1
Dried red chilli - 2
Chana Dal and urududal - 1 tbsp (optional)
Cashew nut - 1 tbsp (optional)
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tbsp.
Lemon Zest - 1/2 tbsp
3. Mustard seed - 2 pinch
Fenugreek seed - 2 pinch
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 2 tablespoon
4. Lemon Juice - 3 tablespoon
1. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
2. Add curry leaves followed by dry chillies
3. Add cumin seed and fry for few seconds and add cashews and chanadal and urududal and fry for 2 minutes.
4.Add chopped onion,ginger. lemon zest and green chilies fry for another few minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder and salt fry for another 30 seconds in low flame( stir well).
6. Add lemon juice and stir well for another minute.
7. Mix rice with this, be careful don't break the rice.
Serve this with any side dish you like.