Here are couple of recipes shared by Kaajal Pradhan Lamba, hope you guys enjoy them.
Butter Milk Chicken
|Butter Milk Chicken|
• 1 Kg Chicken cut into medium chunks
• 2 cups Buttermilk
• 1 large Onion, sliced
• 1 teaspoon each of the dried herbs- Thyme, Parsley & Oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
• 2 cups Flour
• 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
• 1/2 teaspoon Onion Salt
• 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
• Salt and Pepper
• Oil to fry
• Mix all the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken in it for at least 5-6 hours or overnight.
• Strain the chicken in a strainer.
• Now mix the flour and the seasoning in a ziplock and shake well.
• Add the chicken pieces to it and mix well till all the chickens are coated with the flour mixture.
• Heat oil in a deep pan. Shake off any excess flour and fry the chicken till golden or dark brown.
• Remove on a wire rack to drain excess oil and serve hot.
Korean Sweet & Spicy Fried Chicken (Yangnyeom Tongdak)
|Sweet and Spicy Chicken|
Chicken - 1 Kg cut into chunks
All purpose flour - ¼ cup
Potato Starch powder - ½ cup
Sweet Rice Flour - ¼ cup
Egg - 1 nos.
Baking Soda - 1 Tsp
Ground Black Pepper - 1 Tsp
Kosher Salt - 1 Tsp
Garlic - 4 Cloves minced
Tomato Ketchup - 1/3 Cup
Corn Syrup - 1/3 cup
Kochujang - ¼ Cup (Korean Red Pepper Paste)
Apple Vinegar - 1 Tbs
Oil - 1 Tbs
Sesame Seeds - 1 Tsp toasted
Spring Onion - As required, green part chopped
• Mix all the marinade ingredients and mix the Chicken pieces in it and marinate for an hour or more.
• Heat oil and deep fry the Chickens till Golden Brown remove and keep aside on paper towels.
• Meanwhile heat oil, add the minced Garlic. Fry for sometime on low heat add all the remaining sauce ingredients.
• Simmer on low heat for 5-7 minutes, make sure the sauce does not burn. Sprinkle some water if required.
• Now add the Chicken in this sauce and mix well to coat the Chicken with the sauce.
• Remove on plate sprinkle some toasted Sesame seeds & chopped Spring onion and serve hot with chilled Beer.
PS : I did not have potato starch so I used cornflour. Also I did not have sweet rice flour so I omitted it. But sweet rice flour gives it a crunchier texture so it is good if u have it.