I am writing this post on behalf of the ever-growing community of IT Professionals. If you are able to relate to the points mentioned below (as the overall public, autowallah or hostel/PG owners or as an IT professional) in any way, it is purely intentional. @The Overall public
@The Auto wallahs
- Being an IT professional does not mean that you always have to go abroad for project related work. Going onsite or abroad depends on the type of project that you are involved in. If you are working in a project that does not have any requirements abroad, you will not go abroad. You will go abroad only if there are opportunities/requirements in the project you work.
- Also, if an IT Pro has not gone abroad, it is not because he/she is a poor performer at work. That again attributes to Point 1.
- Please don’t think that we cannot get tired after work hours just because we sit in front of a computer system in an AC room. We may not have any physical labor but we do have to slog long hours using our eyes and brains (working with brains also consume a lot of energy. Are you not aware of that?) under tight deadlines for clients whose tempers flare at even the slightest delay or mistake.
- You don’t have to look at a person with sympathy because he/she does not work for a brand like Infosys, TCS, Wipro, CTS, IBM etc. There are small IT firms that provide really good opportunities to grow or as a professional and there are people who are extremely happy and satisfied working in these so-called ‘small’ companies.
- At your prodding, when a person who works in a ‘small’ company tells you about his/her salary package, don’t look at them incredulously because it is equivalent to insulting him/her. There are ‘small’ companies that are capable of paying really good salaries. As such, why do you need to know somebody’s salary?????
- If a girl working in the IT sector has rejected your son/brother/brother-in-law during a wedding proposal phase due to some reason, it does not mean that all the girls who are IT professionals are self-centered, snobbish creatures who are incompetent of running a family. There is no rule or written agreement that every girl should like and accept your son/brother/brother-in-law in marriage.
Just because you pick us up from Technopark/Infopark or any other IT park, don’t charge us with double the amount for the same distance you take a ‘non-IT’ person. After all, there are no money trees in our office to climb and pluck money from. We too get hard earned money for the long slogging hours that we spend in the office. Please have some courtesy when you charge money for your services. @The Hostel/Paying Guest facility owners
Don’t keep increasing the rent and decreasing the quality of food mercilessly. As I told the autowallahs, there are no ‘money-trees’ in our office. Please be reasonable when you increase the rent. If at all you increase, please take some care in keeping our rooms and toilets clean and also to maintain the quality of the food you serve at a certain level.