I wasn’t gonna write anything about this day and I thought I have learned to live with all these banalities happening around but a particular blaaag post and 'Aaahas' and compliments it got irked me. At times, I feel gaandu for no apparent reason.
Also, looming above my head is a tight deadline. I have to roll out a few changes Live to site asap and I have my work cut out. Light'a busy only.
You've been warned. Read on @ your own risk.
Dwarfs scare me. Naked, flying dwarfs - scare the shit out of me. #TrueStory. That’s why I never liked the Gulliver’s travel. But I memorized it by heart and puked all over my English paper years ago. That’s a different story. I never knew that cupid had wings and he was a dwarf[or at least he looks like that]. Yeah! I never had the services of Wiki those days. I imagined him to be like one of the Greek gods. Well-built with bulging biceps and all. First question: How drunk were our ancestors to accept someone as ugly as cupid as the God of Love.? #WhatWereTheyThinking Huh?
And by the rule of thumb, if you don’t want a thing to get viral, you don’t talk about it. Period. But people never learn.
- Nationalists rant about people forgetting their Desi roots and imitating the west.
- Moral polices threaten couples to beat-unto-death and raid pubs and rave parties.
- Single men rant about how fuckin awesome their life is without all these melodrama and how watching porn is soul-drenching and eternally satisfying than spending time with their girlfriend
- Single women rant about how they enjoy their independence and how they are free without pampering.
- Smart-ass friends in FB rant about how occasions like this are nothing but marketing ploys by MNCs to sell their products.
- Kalaignar TV will telecast Sillendru Oru Kaadal and my sister will drool watching Surya on screen.
- And with the increase in popularity of online retailing, e-commerce sites have started sending out offer mailers. Diamond pendants, stuffed animals, love bugs, chocolates, anything and everything which is even remotely glossy. Haiyo! So many products that you might need a month’s salary to ‘actually’ buy them. Celebrating an occasion has become pretty expensive these days.
This happens every year. Yeah every fuckin year like a scheduled batch job.
Remember copycat Music director Bharani? I have never had a liking for his songs but surprisingly these lines make a lot of sense. #thatsTheSpirit
அட வருஷத்தில் ஒரு முறைதான்
இந்த காதலர் தினம் வருது
அடி உன்னகும் எனக்கும் மட்டும் தான் அது
வருஷம் முழுதும் வருது
Or, is it the lyricist who needs to be complimented? Whatever!