First have a look at this photo.
You might think these all are birds, but see it properly, these all are boats full of tourists (including me).
Tow days back (Sunday-8th dec 2012), I went to Nalsarovar with one of my friend. I went there after almost 4 years, and situation is changed totally. Some key points:
- Generally Nalasarovar is popularly known as biggest bird century . You can find lakhs of bird of some hundreds of species in the Nalsarovar as it is wide enough around 120 SQ KM area.
- There are more than 200 hundred cars and around 10 luxuries there in the parking, more than 200 school children and so many young boys and girls groups.
- Govt has disallowed cars to till the Nalsarovar actual site, they have made good parking space almost 2 KM before the actual site. But they people allowed auto-rikhshow in that 2KM portion.
- Boatmans are taking their own charge against predefined rates.
- Now some information and suggestion:
- If you really want to see birds reach there by at least 7AM. Real bird watchers are there before 6AM. For the same you need to start minimum
- Go for max bargaining with boatman. There are 300 fixed for small 1 hour ride. While for big trip they will ask for 2250 or 1650 , but stick with 600-800 only they will surely come down. We went for 2 and half hour ride for 800.
- Ask boatman to turn right or left or let the boat into grass if you see any bird, they will drive to the grass, no problem in that.
- On the watchtower island, don’t miss to eat “Bajra na Rotala” and “bhadthu”. They will tell you only one rotla in 50Rs but again do the bargaining, they will give 2 rotla and chas and gol and two subji.
- * finally don’t don’t miss the Horse riding. If you fond of riding alone, go for big ride Rs80 or 120 round. You will surely enjoy as I did.
HORSE WILL MAKE YOU 0-100KM speedy Guy in just 3 Seconds. You will realize why engine capacity is related with horsepower.Each and every part of your body will get the exercise.
- if you are planning for 300 small ride, don’t go for it as it will not allow you to see any bird, except some sea gulls. And if you are going for long ride bargain at max.
Road was in good condition till Nalsarovar and there are so many bungalow schemes , with only good looking front.
If you are a really taste lover, gujju, don’t forget to eat “GANTHIYA’ at the SANAND, GALODHA TALAV CHAR RASTA named “SAURASHTRA GANTHIYA”. You will surely forget taste of laxmi ganthiya rath , a famous one in Ahmedabad.
For any other detail, you can contact me. Contact detail is shown at top right hand side. You can see all other post related to travelling in Gujarat in this blog.