How are youdoing in the last week of 2011? Wow! Does it not sound a bit different when Iput it like that, rather than a mere 'Howare you?'
I am sure allof us are busy preparing for the big day - New Year's Eve! We have made thatreservation, shopped for that perfect party look etc. All in all, we are allset to celebrate that second when the clock strikes 12!
However, haveyou planned anything for the last nine days of 2011, before that second comes!With so many things happening, it can be a little overwhelming and so to makeit easy, let us think about what we would like to end the year with! Well, hereis my list!
Write down at least one note, one diaryentry, one letter or one page to describe whatever that you are feeling! It canbe any memory of these last days which you want to stay with you forever!
· Click! - Get your cameras ready! Whetheryou have a mini-pocket camera or an SLR - it doesn't matter! What we are goingto capture are feelings and not the flora-fauna of Amazon forests! Take as manypictures as you can - not just of 31st evening, but anything fun which youmight be doing in this week. Like dinner with friends, airport scene whiletaking that flight to home/holiday etc.
· One thing for 1st Jan - Try and decideone thing which you would like to do on 1st Jan 2012, apart from getting rid ofthe hangover from last night! This way the celebration will not end on 31stnight and you will have something good to start the new year with!
· Connect - If you have not sent thatChristmas / Year End / New Year greeting to your friends and family, do it now!Do not leave it for the last moment. Send that email/ card / or call, and nowis a good time to start!
· Traveling? - Most people I know are eithertaking a holiday right now or traveling to meet their family. Either way, tryand take a memorable trip in the last week of 2011. Even if it is a short twoday trip, I highly recommend to get out and move! You can even come back beforethe new year eve celebrations!
· To-Do! - Chuck that To-Do list for a week!Don't worry about the hundred things which you might have mentioned on thelist. It's the last week, so don't feel guilty about giving yourself a break!Rather, identify the few important things (like the above :) ) which you wantto do and only think about completing those.
· Celebrate - Most importantly, Celebrate!Trust me - you do not wish to end the year and begin the new year sitting onyour bean-bag with popcorn watching a movie or a TV show! You can do this on anyday of the year. Celebrate with yourfamily & friends, even if it is a dinner together - it is special!
Light up yourroom with candles, wear a new dress / jacket, go out for a special dinner oranything else which you like to do! Remember that you do not need to wait forspecial moments to happen to you, you can make them happen!
See you in 2012!