Anyone remember her??? Oh! Yes, she is the one unfortunate girl who was struggling to survive her identity as Indian Female Representative in sports!!!
2 Year before people were recognizing her like " Oh she is Sania Nehwal something and she plays Badminton".
Yes, in India only cricket is considered as a sports. So, it is obvious that we know all cricketers and even name of their spouse and children.
After P T Usha, when I heard any other female Sports person's name in news or on TV was Sania Mirza. (Oh yes that Sania Mirza who was Tennis player. Sharing photo if you forgot her.)
She was on news for so many reasons:
1) She was a good tennis player. ( Yes she was, after getting so many ads and people's attraction she got distracted.)
2) Her body was too much into shape.(You are not agree with it. Go on YouTube and write Sania Mirza. You will find your answer there. Even I am damn sure that my blog will get hits with her name as keyword more than Saina Nehwal's name.) Because of that image she got so many Advertisements. Made lots of money.
3) Our politicians were also interest into her. (Sonia Gandhi met her after some championship because she is Minority Community Girl. I know that she was just wanted to grab opportunity to attract Minority Community votes.)
4) She had been into controversies because of her cloths, of her affairs and at last because of her marriage.
As she left India after marrying a Pakistani person, all of sudden people lose Indian female face in sports.
Now her our unfortunate girl Saina Nehwal got a chance. Now you must be asking why unfortunate. Here are some reason:
1) She is playing badminton not cricket nor tennis. In Badminton only one name we know is Prakash Padukone.
2) People always got confused with Saina or Sania.
3) She is just good player not a model. (No offence but it is true).
So people were keep ignoring her till Sania's departure.
Now a days she is recognized by media, ad-agencies and by common man.
Even after winning so many medals Sonia Gandhi didn't get a time to meet her. reasons. 1) Sania is not carrying a big fan-base. 2) Sania is not from minority community.
Thanks to god that Sania who was more known for her non-sport related things, went to Pakistan and eventually Saina got a chance be Indian Female Face for Sports. (Please don't talk about Anjum Chopra, she is not playing cricket.)
I am happy that Saina Nehwal gets a chance to enjoy benefits which other sports persons are having in India. Like being recognized, getting advertisements and Making money. Though these advertisements are not solo but at least she is getting some exposure.
Here sharing her some advertisements...
Saina Nehwal's Career RecordSaina Nehwal's Career Overview:
I feel proud that we have a Female icon in sports like Saina Nehwal.
I hope that other female Sports-persons get chance to represent India in different different games and they make us feel proud.