I remember going to Mainland China to enjoy some authentic chinese food
which I totally freak out on.
When I first tried them at the buffet I knew I had to cook these at home. These lovely fresh looking beans are first steamed & then thrown into the pan along with some delicious flavors. They make a great dish to go with any Chinese dinner, and the best part is... it can be prepared just in a few minutes.
Everytime I indulge in these stir fried green beans which is simply fingerlicking!!! Now I can cook them at home.
The spices are quickly stir fried with the long beans to bring out their flavors so the result is a fiery tasty yummy preparation to awaken your senses.
- Green Beans (washed & ends trimmed) - half a kilo
- Whole red chillies - Handful
- Soy Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Brown Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sesame Seeds (White) - 1.5 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil - 1.5 teaspoon
- Salt - as per taste
- Place the green beans over the steamer, cover & allow to steam for 5 mts. Take it off to cool it. You could pass it through cold water & drain again
- Now take a wok & add the oil. Let it heat to almost smoking point & then add the red chillies & soon add the green beans. Make sure the red chillies dont burn. You need to be quick here.
- Stir fry vigorously to avoid burning.
- Now add the soy sauce & brown sugar to this along with the required amount of salt.
- Continue to stir fry.
- At the end add the sesame seeds & toss them together.
- Shift them into your serving bowl & get ready to serve this exotic Chinese dish & enjoy the compliments coming your way!
- You can avoid using the red paprikas/chillies yet enjoy the flavors
- French beans is what I used
- Some add a dash of vinegar too
- Your wish to use any oil of your taste for the tossing